Anabelle got a haircut tonight via momma's clippers. I thought it was about time to give lil' miss a haircut. With all her running around and being so active, it's one thing less to worry about having a bunch of hair in her face. I just made myself do it as I knew if I didn't I would second guess and then decide not to. We are very fond of her curls and her hair was getting so long, it was hard to do...great thing is that it'll always grow back. I gave her a bath and you can really see the layers I cut and blended in her hair and it is also very curly. We are hoping her curls are even more so evident as it grows out. She's got so much hair, it was time to cut it down. I left some wisps of hair to the sides and I left her bangs alone at this time. Her hair color is growing in darker and has some really pretty tones to it. All-in-all it needed to be done and it's outa' her face. This is only her second 'official', all-over haircut. The first haircut was just her bangs. Pictures below are after I cut it and a picture depicting how much hair I took off. I am happy with the cut even though she was moving all over :)
| Hair on the left are the curls we kept. Hair on the right was the rest of it. Depicts how much was actually cut compared to the regular adult sized brush :) |
Are you saving the hair in a baggie?
ReplyDeleteHey :) Ya, I first cut her curls off and placed them to the side and the rest was cuts here and there and it ended up being a big ball of fuzz, so, there was no saving that. I miss her curls, looks like she has a 30's style cut and one curly q in the back :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute, I still have little hair baggies in my kitchen drawers, I keep meaning to tape them into their baby book but I haven't had the chance.
ReplyDeleteAwe that's cute too...Ya, I hear ya...I remember putting Belle's first haircut (her bangs) in a bag. However, I've got to look for it as Belle has been into her book and it's no-where in sight. It's around here somewhere :)
ReplyDelete