Viva Bene, Spesso L'Amore, Di Risata Molto-
Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often



Saturday, April 30, 2011

march of dimes 5k walk

Hi Ya'll!!...
Belle and I had a fun-filled EARLY morning. We usually aren't up and about at 4am but I sure was! We had to get ready for the March of Dimes 5K walk and run. We met up with Belle's auntie Rachel, Kelsy and uncle Josh and cousin Hailey. I have many cute pictures...I've forgotten just how beautiful downtown Orlando is. They have fixed up allot of buildings and things in general. And they didn't have the fountain going but I took a picture of the work they are doing on it. Anyways, we were there a couple of hours, got home and we both were a little thrown off for the rest of the day. It was for a great cause and I'd do it again, in a heartbeat. What a cool event! Now for some Advil as my bones are weak and achy...blah.

Belle has quite the vocabulary now, almost speaking entirely everything a big person says. Today, Ray and I heard her say Puma (our cats name)...most of the time it's just, "Meow" but she did actually say it :) She can count more clearly, but she does this with her Dora DVD's only. I still think it's pretty neat that she can even do that at such an early age. She is also good about her main colors. Both she and I work on these things daily. She loves books and now has to throw them and whatever she wants into her crib at night. She has to have her most favorite things with her. Someday I'll take a picture. It's so cute how she stacks books in one corner and her animals in another. She also has a favorite, light blankie that she always hands me to place on her little body. It's the simple things like that, that make me so happy :) I also fixed her room with touching up the paint and ripped wall paper. It's back to the way it was when she was born. Now let's see if it'll keep that way?

Well, I had a doctor's appointment the other day. I had to make one as earlier in the week I woke Ray as the back of my head was awfully sore. It has felt like that before but this time, when I did place my fingers along my hairline in the back of my neck (where it arches) I found a huge bulge and my nodes were hard and almost olive sized. No wonder I wasn't getting any sleep. I've had problems with head-aches and pains in my jaw off and on and I did explain this to my doctor. To make the long story short, I will have to see the dentist to possibly re-align my jaw and bite. I might be having problems with TMJ, grinding and muscle contractions and inflammation due to this. My jaw was never the same since I'd had it sawed into and teeth removed. So, onto another appointment. She also took blood work to check on my white blood count to rule out any tumors or cancer. Scary to think of, as the word cancer usually is taken as a negative stance. But, I will continue to pray about it and I am not worried about it. I think it's just that I have jaw issues at this time. I will know about the blood work in a week or so...I am comforted by the Lord's words!!

~Worrying is the opposite of trusting God!

~ Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
(NLT)

2 comments:

  1. Where are all the pictures!?
    You have absolutely the right attitude!
    I will be prayin' for ya momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Of the race (pictures, that is)?...I try not to post so many pics now as my blog seems to get long and long winded :) Thanks so much Claire. Prayers are everything!xo...

    ReplyDelete