Uncle Harvey will be getting out of the hospital today. He had TIA which is a way to say that it was a kind of stroke...minor and I am glad that it was. Acting fast to signs of the symptoms of a stroke is all it takes to ensure that someone can and will get over what their body is going through. When symptoms first occur , a hospital can usually give medication to help the body recover. That is why it's so important to get to an E.R. fast. If it persits and the person has waited to be taken to the hospital, that's usually when it goes horribly wrong. You only have a certain amount of time to get the medication in the body.
Some of the symptoms/ but not limited to: lack of movement in arms, shoulder, legs, and chest pain, etc., or l I like to say the, F.A.S.T...-F, for face, A.- for arms, S., for speech and T. for time...I learned this in college classes as well as watching an episode on the Doctors (T.V. show)...it's all the same...
http://www.stroke.org/site/PageServer?pagename=symp
We are so glad that he will out and able to rest at home!! :)
On another note I am in the last stages of my cold. I really think I am getting over the, "oh so wonderful", flu!! Nyquil, Vicks, Orange juice, lots of rest and sleeping upright with a humidifier has helped tremendously :)
Thanks to everyone for the prayers. I am happy to say that it's a better day all around.
I am so happy to hear your feeling better! the flu was bad here this year!
ReplyDeleteThank you Claire :)
ReplyDelete