Thursday, January 20, 2011
a warmer feel to our home
Ray and I have made a few trips to Lowe's for other things this past week and during those trips, Belle and I have also looked at the paint colors (my favorite spot in any 'home improvement' area). <----------To the side is a picture of the table cloth that we picked up at Target to cover our wooden table-it was time to cover it as it has nicks, scrapes and dents in the wood. It's a lovely table, small, but modest and fits in our home. We should've done that long ago, oh well!... Anyways, we have always liked earth tones. I think that we tend to like those colors as it 'warms' a place up. It's like having the indoors in your home (in a sense)...So, in this table cloth their are colors of brown, green, yellow and even a touch of blue. I had found a phanflet of colors that I think would go well in our downstairs rooms. As you can also see the phanflet colors have incorporated an eating area and kitchen as well. That is exactly what we had in mind. I was a little concerned about the colors of the granite with the blue paint, but it does look like it'll be a good fit. The cat area (our downstairs bathroom) needs a darker paint, so the brown color is also fitting for the dining room, living room and their bathroom. The rest of our furniture, fabrics and textures are neutral or warm. Even our light tan/yellowish color that is on the wall now will go with these colors. The brown color will go well with the tan color that is already going up the stair walls and into our bedroom. We might get colors for the upstairs at a different time. For now the stairs and our bedroom will stay the tan color. Something else I've kept in mind is that when you have a darker color (like brown) going on a wall, you usually tend to have well lighted/lit rooms. Well, the way our house is situated (front faces north and the back faces south), the sun comes through our glass door and window in the back well...and the front has three tall windows with lots of lighting. The light tends to bounce off the tan homes across the street. We should have no issue using a brown paint. I've also changed the drapery in our down stairs to a white, doily look. All these steps have helped in making a decision too :) I am hoping these colors will work? Testing paint to come soon...!! Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great way to compare all the colors and patterns! I cant wait to see a picture of the finished product.
ReplyDeletethanks so much! It'll be a lot of fun! I love to paint...just to see another color on the wall is a great motivation :) xo..
ReplyDelete